Date: March 11, 2022
Job Opening: Executive Director and Chief Executive – Leadership Tyler
Qualified and eligible individuals interested in applying for this position may submit a resume to Leadership Tyler Search Committee no later than Wednesday, April 6th. Send to email@example.com.
Interviews will be held on Thursday, April 14th.
The chief executive partners with the board to provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the organization and to develop organizational strategy. The chief executive implements board approved policies, manages fiscal resources, programs and operations; provides facilitation at various LT programs; and represents the organization in the community. Specific responsibilities include, and may be completed with support from appropriate committees:
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the mission
- Leading the staff and board in developing a realistic annual budget, and making financial decisions consistent with the budget as approved by the board
- Developing an infrastructure (board, staff, &/or volunteers, ) that supports the efficient delivery of programs and services, accomplishment of major goals identified in the strategic plan, and effective overall management
- Hiring and managing the staff, including the implementation and ongoing revision of personnel policies approved by the board and managing the staff performance review process
- Working with the Development Committee to identify and secure funding from both new and existing sources in support of the mission of the organization
- Providing regular, timely internal financial statements, in conjunction with the finance committee, to the board that compare performance to budget and to the previous year or other benchmark
- Planning for adequate cash flow to cover operational needs
- Conducting multiyear financial analysis, analyzing trends, and engaging the board in strategic discussions, in conjunction with the finance committee, about financial stability and sustainability, including the development of adequate operating reserves
- Complying with all local, state, and federal legal requirements
- Building positive relationships with partner organizations, policymakers, media, and others
- Representing the organization by participating in key associations and organizations, serving on committees and advisory groups, and speaking in public settings
- Serves as chief spokesperson for Leadership Tyler and is responsible for all public relations
- Ensuring the mission of our organization will continue to impact a diverse and representative group of leaders who are committed to this community’s growth, unity and prosperity
- Performs other duties as directed by the Leadership Tyler board
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Basic knowledge in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups of executives/leaders, employees, LT alumni, core and EOS participants, media and general public.
- Ability to facilitate and integrate presentations, activities and experiences in a leadership learning environment.
- Detail oriented with a wide degree of creativity.
- Flexibility and capacity to work under time pressure.
- Ability to multitask as well as prioritize effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as ability to operate independently.
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Ability to travel occasionally to off-site and to out-of-town locations with occasional overnight stay.
- Required bachelor’s degree from college or university
- Five years’ management and/or leadership experience
- Tangible experience in various community organizations
March 11, 2022