Date: October 15, 2014
Job Opening: Executive Director and Chief Executive – Leadership Tyler
Qualified and eligible individuals interested in applying for this position may submit a resume to Leadership Tyler Search Committee no later than November 7, 2014. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The chief executive partners with the board of directors to provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction for Leadership Tyler. The chief executive implements board approved policies, manages fiscal resources, programs and operations; provides facilitation at various LT programs; and represents the organization in the community. Specific responsibilities may be completed with support from appropriate committees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services that support the mission. Ensures effective facilitation for all LT programing
- Works with the board to foster an environment for visioning the future, strategic planning and governance-level problem solving
- Develop and maintain an infrastructure (board of directors, employees & volunteers) that supports the efficient delivery of programs and services, accomplishment of major goals identified in the strategic plan, and effective overall management
- Hire and manage staff, including the implementation and revision of personnel policies approved by the board and staff performance review process
- Seeks funding and resources from a broad range of sources, and supports the board’s involvement in fundraising
- Provides regular, timely internal financial statements, in conjunction with the finance committee, in a format requested and approved by the board
- Makes financial decisions consistent with the budget as approved by the board and works with the finance committee to develop the annual budget each year
- Works with the finance committee to plan adequate cash flow to cover operational needs, conduct multiyear financial and trend analysis and ensure board level strategic discussions about financial stability, sustainability, and operating reserves
- Complies with all local, state, and federal legal requirements
- Builds positive relationships with partner organizations, policymakers, media, and others
- Represents the organization throughout the community in key associations and organizations and speaks in public settings as LT’s chief spokesperson
- Maintains a focus on marketing the organization through a variety of strategic and
coordinated advertising and public relations efforts
- Fosters ongoing relationships with LT alumni to promote their engagement with and
support of the organization
- Performs other duties as directed by the Leadership Tyler board
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with groups of executives/leaders, employees, LT alumni, core and EOS participants, media, and general public.
- Ability to facilitate and integrate presentations, activities and experiences in a leadership learning environment.
- Detail oriented with a wide degree of creativity.
- Flexibility and capacity to work under time pressure.
- Ability to multitask as well as prioritize effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as ability to operate independently.
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Ability to travel occasionally to off-site and to out-of-town locations, with occasional overnight stay.
- Required bachelor’s degree from college or university
- Five years’ management and/or leadership experience
- Tangible experience in various community organizations
October 22, 2014